38-Hour Drivers Education Package - $450
THIS CLASS IS FOR STUDENTS UNDER 17 YEARS OLD GETTING A LICENSE THE FIRST TIME
This package includes both in-class exam instruction ($100) and 8 hours of instruction behind the wheel ($350). This is a state requirement for anyone 17 years of age and younger. Keep in mind that full payment OF $450 is required for each child. If you do not pay during the classroom portion, only cash will be accepted. Additionally, YOU MUST GET THE TIP (temporary instruction permit) BEFORE CLASS BEGINS. PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
- 30 Hours of Classroom Instruction
- 8 Hours Behind the Wheel
- Includes Written Test for the OMV
- Students Must be 15 Years of Age (Or 14 and 9 Months and in At Least the 9th Grade)
- 1 Student per Instructor in Car
- Students Picked Up & Dropped Off (At Home or School) for the 8 hours behind the wheel only unless you live further than 10 miles from the school and we can chose a pick-up point.
- During our 38-hour option, class begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 4:00 PM, with a 30-minute lunch break. All students are required to complete 30 hours of classroom instruction before getting behind the wheel.
- If your child misses a day, they are required to make it up the day time classes are offered.
- The driving portion of our class commences after completion of classroom time, with instructors working around your child's schedule.
- Oldest students drive first and your child cannot drive until full payment is paid.
PLEASE CLICK ON REGISTER NOW TO FILL OUT THE REGISTRATION FORM AND PAY THE $50 DEPOSIT
PAY YOUR REMAINING BALANCE
Teen Driver's Education Classes
THE JUNE CLASS IS NOW FULL. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS. YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE MOVED TO THE NEXT AND LAST CLASS FOR THE SUMMER!
JUNE 28 - JULY 1 CLASS DATES: MONDAY JUNE 28 THROUGH THURSDAY JULY 1 TIMES: 8 AM TO 4 PM. MANDATORY PARENT MEETING THURSDAY JUNE 24 AT 6 P.M.
JULY 19 - JULY 22 CLASS
DATES: MONDAY JULY 19 THROUGH THURSDAY JULY 22
TIMES: 8 AM TO 4 PM.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING THURSDAY JULY 15 AT 6 P.M.
THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS CLASSES WILL BE ANNOUNCE SHORTLY
Before your teen hits the road, they need a strong foundation of safe driving skills and supervised driving experience. That's why, at LIVINGSTON DRIVING, we offer a variety of specialized driver's education courses designed with the needs of young drivers in mind. If you're looking for comprehensive driver's ed classes from skilled instructors, you've come to the right place. Our students get one on one instruction. No other students in the car, SO THERE IS NO DISTRACTIONS BY OTHER STUDENTS.
Temporary Instructional Permits (TIP)
All students enrolled in a driver's education or pre-licensing course must present a TIP and keep it in possession throughout in-car instruction and during the road test. They will not be allowed to take the class without it. You need to make an appointment at the real OMV. You may contact the Office of Motor Vehicles at (225) 925-6146.
Parents are the only person that can bring their child to DMV. Bring original birth certificate and social security card to the OMV along with the student. You must bring papers to prove you are the custodial parent if you are divorced.
Upon completion of driver's education, the TIP will be surrendered to OMV along with proof of completion of the appropriate driver's education course and any other necessary documents. There is no additional cost to convert from the TIP to a Learner's Permit for a minor.
Extra Driving Lessons
While our goal is to help young people stay safe on the road, ongoing practice is necessary to achieve this. Once students have completed our course, parents are responsible for riding alongside them for a minimum of 50 hours total, 15
of which must be at night.
Extra Driving Hours are available at $50.00 per hour with a minimum of 3 hours, please call to schedule. 225-667-1509